Monday 27 January 2014

MY THREE WORDS ...FOR NOW


No, this is not a new year resolution but it is still early enough to organise your year. I believe in a practice of defining my thought and actions using as little words as possible. The goal is to use words as triggers for actions I intend to take and maybe other action I would like to avoid. Sometimes, I write it on a sticky paper and place it where I can see it immediately I am  awake in the mornings. I repeat it to myself until its etched on my brain, I type it into my phones and use it as reminders to stay on track. I wanted to title the post 'my three words for 2014' but let me not be hasty. 2014 has 12 months. Next month, I could feel differently, or I could feel I have mastered my three words and therefore need to increase my vocabulary. So here goes; my words for now.

1. YES: Yes is an affirmation. It is a step forward to the positive. It is me embracing new stuff and new phases and new emotions. A lot of people say I am the bravest person they know. But I am not. It took a lot for me to acknowledge that sometimes I am not at all brave and that it is easier to run away. And in the past, that has held me back from doing many things that I wanted to do. I would think it 30 times in my head and later shelve the idea. I was always doubtful and by my thoughts, jinx my own plans. Goodbye to negativity. So now, I am saying yes to me, yes to faith, yes to living outside the box, yes to optimism, creation and happiness. Yes to the right to savour life.

2. Green: This will cover my lifestyle choice. From the type of food I'll eat to the state of my finances. Green is life, growth, movement. When the traffic light says green, we go ahead, don't we? When I am living green, I am living healthier, eating my veggies, avoiding carbs, exercising right, reducing the risk of health-related problems when I approach middle age. There is no time for a better start than now. A woman i know celebrated her 60th birthday last week. She looked half her age. Her body was toned and tight. If my bank account is green, it means my finances are growing. What is the color of the dollar bill again? Green.

3. Commitment: I want to remember why I chose my goals and my actions and my choices. In where ever I have found myself, I want to be committed. in my academics, my relationships with people, my service in church, my service to people, in my career and to myself. Finally, I want to rededicate myself back to God. It is easy to think of Him as a faraway Person, I remember when I need help. It irks me when my friends remember me when they need something from me. How then would God feel?

Now, it is your turn. What are your own three words and why? Please feel free to share.


1 comment: