Tuesday 25 February 2014

My Romantic Weekend: One Week After


                                    

I've been heartbroken since February  14th but I feel better and can now share my story :). My friends have always called me 'unromatic', 'anti-romantic', 'too serious', but I'm only being ME. I've tried severally to become their version of romantic and all that, I'm still trying. Anyway, DH works out of town and we travel back and forth to visit one another once or twice a month, but he comes to us more because of Bambino (travelling with a baby isn't child's play). Valentine weekend was one of the weekends he was supposed to come home (it wasn't planned, it was just time for another visit), and I intended to make the best use of it by doing something romantic.

I really had reasons to plan something nice this year because; it was Valentine, and I did nothing at all last year as I was preggy and sick with Bambino. I got presents for DH, bought two (2) bottles of wine and started planning some mouth watering dishes. I even asked what time he would be home that Friday because I wanted to purchase tickets for Basket Mouth's show, but he discouraged it saying he will be tired and cannot drive down for it when he gets home. I floated through the week, counting down the days and hours and planning for a wonderful Valentine's Day celebration. The day finally came and I got busy.

I woke up in high spirits, exchanged special text messages with DH and started putting things in order for the evening. I prepared ukwa (who says the dishes must be foreign), I then started getting things ready to bake a red velvet cake (red in the spirit of the season) as I wanted it hot when he arrived, but it was too windy and I worried about that. Some minutes earlier, I had joked with a friend that the wind was so bad that flights could be cancelled, but we laughed it off. As I brought out my measuring cup, DH called and asked me to check my email. I did and my heart broke- the flight was cancelled because of the windstorm (58kmh). We were sad, I still cannot believe I did not cry that day :D, but having witnessed a crazy turbulence on our way back from one of our visits to see him in January, I consoled myself (it's better to be safe than sorry), indulged in some comfort feeding, packed up the remaining food in the freezer and skyped with him all night. Bambino cried a lot too, I bet he sensed my unhappiness (poor baby). The weekend dragged on but by Monday everything was back to normal.

By mid week, my dear friend Anyida had put up an amazing shrimp recipe on Facebook and I decided to try it out by weekend as DH would be home. Friday finally came and he arrived, I was relieved and so happy (Valentine wind really blows differently), I didn't stop smiling. I had made so much food that we didn't know which to have (love truly makes the hardest chores magical), we exchanged our lovely cards and presents and it happened that he even got tickets for Basket Mouth's show (oh dear). The fun continued the next day, I made a sumptuous Italian meal with my shrimp scampi, sweet and sour chicken sauce made from scratch, my bottles of wine were a good part of the meal. We went shopping for Bambino, he needed a taste of the plenty love flying around <3<3. On Sunday, some friends said they were visiting though they cancelled at some point (which was a good thing, we needed some more family time). We gisted, watched movies, rested, blessed God for everything and retired for the night.

DH finally left yesterday (my broken heart was healed completely without a scar), I had done my special Valentine charity and I had an awesome romantic weekend  (even though it was one week after). Do not forget I put it all together; in fact I planned it to a tee \=D/. If that doesn't qualify as romantic, I don't know what else is. Thanks y'all for your patience, I'm back for good.

One Love,
Lae'

5 comments:

  1. WOW! 9ice write up. Thank God the broken heart was finally healed. All thanks to DH, I can really feel the way you are feeling now lover lady*winks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know that you've healed. Genuine love is a very nice feeling and sincerely, it makes all the chores seem easy when U know the person U are doing it for is worth the while. Cheers...wishing more romantic days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww!!!...so sweet. I am happy you, DH and Bambino finally had your romantic weekend. Love is a beautiful thing, am glad you got it. I pray it gets better with time. God bless you more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmmmm....... Me likey... #mischieviouswink

    ReplyDelete